Established under Decree-Law N° 80-6 of August 15 1980, the Faculty of Medicine of Monastir is under the dual supervision of the Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research and the Ministry of Health.
During the 2015-2016 academic year, 1762 students enrolled in the faculty, compared to only 45 in 1980-1981. The number of graduates from the Faculty reached 2984 in 2016. The teaching staff consists of 356 members. The total number of administrative, technical, and service personnel is 94. The faculty is built on an area of 29,238 m2, with nearly 20,000 m2 dedicated to teaching and research activities.
As a result, we have modern infrastructure including six lecture halls, about twenty small group teaching rooms, teaching and research laboratory rooms, a library, a medical learning center for pedagogical simulation, a family medicine unit, a health sciences education unit, and a relaxation and leisure space…
Cultural and sports activities are also essential at the Faculty to offer students a quality of life and conditions that promote their development.
The regular achievement of titles by our sports teams illustrates our concern for dual scientific and athletic excellence.