The establishment of a Quality Assurance Unit within the FMM is considered a response to various needs, including accountability, remediation and continuous improvement, change management, quality culture, quality as a value, governance, and change management, and developing quality as an institutional competency. The QA Unit aims, among other things, to:
- Promote the Quality approach.
- Integrate evaluation into the daily practice of all FMM actions.
- Develop the improvement action plan and support institutional stakeholders in implementing the planned actions.
- Formalize procedures for implementing improvement actions.
- Periodically review the missions and objectives of the FMM, taking into account the needs of society and the healthcare system.
- Develop dashboards and associated indicators to ensure traceability of improvement actions and periodically report progress.